Sunday, December 09, 2007

What is this about?

The first strike comes silently, unexpected. Confusion arises, mayhem ensues. The sound of feet pounding the hard ground beneath, freshly littered with a layer of the already-forgotten dead. Those who, just months ago, we admired for their boldness, are now traipsed over in the frantic search for any nearby shelter. Then silence. For a moment the air is still, time frozen. I find myself standing alone, unguarded. A tingling creeps through the thick air and runs through my body, and in an instant the stillness collapses around me. Attacks fire down on me. My eyes search the skies above, but I am blind to my assaulter. A coldness climbs over my body as I take blow after blow. The shots seem to come from every angle now, even ricocheting near my feet and nipping at my shins. As I finally break out of my stunned trance and take a step in the direction of anywhere but here, I am painfully aware of the dampness enveloping my body, from my feet and head inwards towards my chest, my heart. One step. One step is all I manage. I stand, planted in place, and lift my eyes to the sky. This is defeat. Letting go of everything, I raise my hands at my sides, palms up, throw my head back, and open my mouth. “This is defeat!” But the words are lost in the chaos. Instead, laughter hits my ears. My laughter. And in that moment something magnificent happens. As I stand there facing the heavens, surrendering myself and all I have, I am free.

alright, so now i want to hear what you think this is about. leave a comment with your opinion. it doesn't matter if it seems painfully obvious or completely far-fetched, you could be right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home