Monday, November 12, 2007

Taking My Life (Back?)

I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be gone. I'm supposed to be over. I'm not supposed to be here. I'm not supposed to be bothering people anymore. They're supposed to be moving on with their lives. Their lives without me. My room should be sitting empty, quiet. My belongings should be divided, packed away. There should be a grave. A stone bearing my name and two dates just over eighteen years apart. The earth should be soft. The flowers should be wilting. The rain should be falling. There should be rain. But there should be no me. I shouldn't be here. I'm not supposed to be here. There should be no tears, but that's all I bring. I need to leave, and take these tears with me. I'm taking my life back. I'm not supposed to be here. Why can't you understand? You stole my life, but I'm taking it back. I'm taking my life. I'm not supposed to be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home