Sunday, March 29, 2009

To be alone

Sitting here in a silent room, I have to wonder: What does it mean to be alone? If there are four walls around me and no other person, am I alone? If there is no one to kiss me goodnight and wish me "Sweet dreams", am I alone? If I lost that person, the one I could always turn to, always talk to, no matter the problem or the time of night, am I alone? If there is not one single person out there in this vast world thinking of me at this moment, then, oh then I must be alone. But then again, if we're alone aren't we in this together? Does not each of us look up at the same moon each night, murky behind a sea of cloud but ever steady? Do we not all marvel at the same burning stars as the same thoughts burn in our minds? If we breathe the same air and drink the same water, do we let go the same sighs and cry the same tears? Do we all feel the same pain? Sitting here in the dark, I feel less alone, but I must admit, I don't feel much better. For how can I take joy in the sadness of others?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home