Sunday, March 08, 2009

Loneliness

As I drift away to a place of oblivion, pictures of you flash behind my closed eyes. A glimpse of your teasing smile, a flicker of your gentle hands. Every night I gasp for a breath of you as I drown in my loneliness. I fill my lungs with thoughts of the laughter we shared, the happiness we felt. But reality hits like a wave crushing a sandcastle on the beach, dragging my moment of peacefulness away to sea, and I float into darkness. I dream of you walking back into my life, looking at me the way you used to. You whisper in my ear and send tingles through my spine as your fingertips brush my cheek and run through my hair. But the tide rises and the ocean spits me back onto the rough shores. My eyes blink in the unforgiving sunlight and you’re gone. Every morning you’re ripped away from me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing, you know i kind of feel the same way...

2:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home