Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First Star I See Tonight...

A star falls through the sky and crashes next to me.

It was once so beautiful, brilliant. It lit up the sky, showing me and countless others the way through dark times. It was bold and breathtaking. It was soft, with a steady glow. Unwavering, sure of it’s place in the universe. It was reliable, always there when the nights seemed endless. It was determined, shining brightly even on the cloudiest of evenings. It had the most miraculous ability to bring a smile to my face so effortlessly. It was soothing, reassuring, promising. It was safe.

But tonight it fell. And as it lies smoldering at my feet I can’t help but wonder what horrible force could have destroyed something so magnificent. The thought is enough to place fear deep in my heart as I walk blindly on in this darkest hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home