Monday, January 08, 2007

Two Storms

the clouds roll by, a rumble in the air. a storm is brewing. and in my mind, another storm brews.
the one outside my window will be violent and explosive. lightning will crack the sky. thunder will shake the earth. rain will pour down, tiny bullets of water pounding on my window, begging to be let in. the heavens will be dark, the sun cowering in fear behind clouds. trees will bend, bowing at the mercy of the winds. the power of the storm will be clearly visible in the destruction that it causes.
the storm in my head is quite different. it is dark and chaotic, just like the one outside. it is messy and frightening. just as powerful, just as destructive. however, no one will know its strength. no one will know its damage. no one, except me, will realize what this storm is capable of. the battle of wind and rain will break me down from the outside. but the battle of my mind will tear me apart from the inside, and no one will see until it is too late. the streets may flood but the thoughts whirling around in my mind are what will drown me.
the storm outside will be quick. once it is finished, the air will be calm. pink skies, the sun peeking out in the distance, the dirt of the world washed away. the chaos will pass and be replaced by tranquility. but there is no end in sight for my storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home