Monday, May 29, 2006

Where to turn?

All my friends seem to have chosen me as the one they come to when they need to talk. When they're upset, confused, angry, depressed, or just want to talk to someone, they come to me. I don't know why. I'm not that great at listening or giving advice. I never said "hey guys, i want to hear about your problems!". They just came. They always come. And I don't mind it or anything. I love to help my friends in any way that I can. The only thing is I have my own problems. Sometimes I'm upset, confused, angry, depressed, or I just want to talk to someone. but who am I supposed to turn to? Most of the time I turn to music. I find that even if the words of a song don't exactly match what I'm going through, a lot of the time the feeling of the song is exactly how I feel. The rythme, the chords, the emotion in the voice of the singer. it all comes together and echoes what I feel. But sometimes I can't find a song to match me perfectly. something is missing. So more recently I've turned to writing. With writing I can say exactly how I feel. I just write it out and reread it and it makes sense. But then there are the times when I'm so confused that I don't even understand how I'm feeling. So that's when I've found lately that writing songs works. I can't write the music, but I can write the lyrics. and even though I still have trouble getting the words out, I usually find that the topic or the mood of whatever song I end up writing reflects how I'm feeling, which gets me started in the right direction. So if anyone was wondering why I've been posting songs, its cause they reflect how I feel. and any attempts to write my own songs, don't worry I'm not trying to become a songwriter.. it just helps me to understand myself. anyways.. that's all from me.. gonna be pretty busy this week so i don't know if i'll get to post again for a while. stay happy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home