Friday, August 11, 2006

Trapped?

Four walls surround me. Hold me in. Keep the world out. These walls have me trapped inside. They close in on me. I am a prisoner in this cave. The shadows creep in the corners and only a few drops of light shine through the crack under the door. There is no connection. No contact. Isolation. These four walls hold me captive. But am I really a prisoner? Doesn't a prisoner want to escape? Doesn't a captive want to be free? Why do I not try to leave? Why haven't I even tried to unlock the door? I do not want to be outside these walls. These walls protect me. They keep hurt out. They keep pain out. They fight off the suffering of the world. These four walls shelter me from reality. That is why I do not run. That is why I do not cry for help. I am trapped inside, but I am far more afraid of what lies outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home