Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lost and Found

I lost it.

Maybe some boy had it and was holding it hostage. Maybe it fell with my shattered heart and I missed it when I was picking up the pieces. Maybe I gave it away.

Maybe I learned better. Maybe I tossed it aside, shoved it in a book in a library, or under a chair in a classroom. Maybe I was taught to let go of it, to give up.

Maybe I threw it away myself. Maybe I blinded myself to how much I needed it. Maybe I convinced myself that I was better off without it. Maybe I wanted to lose it. Or maybe I was just careless.

Wherever it was, however I lost it, it was gone.

But you weren’t gone.

You picked up my puzzle of a heart and glued it back together, piece by piece. You taught me to think for myself, to be myself. You opened my eyes to the beauty of the world. You showed me that I needed it and, more importantly, wanted it.

I’ll never know where or how you found it, but you did. For that I am forever grateful.

Thank you for bringing back my smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home