Sunday, December 10, 2006

Curious But Afraid

(Note: I wrote this poem back in July for an online summer school course (writer's craft) so it's pretty old and it's a lot more structured and formal than stuff that i just write for myself. It's supposed to show a duality in my character. With this poem I wanted to show how I am torn between curiosity and fear. I want to learn new things and travel new roads, but I am afraid of what I will find out or where I will end up. anyways, i just happened upon it and kinda liked it so ya.. here it is...)

O World uncertain, passing by,
What will life bring before I die?
Where will lead these roads I travel?
How will my threads Fate unravel?

These doubts I raise to stars ablaze.
Wish for light through this murky haze.
But their reply I never hear
Because my ears I shield in fear.

Curiosity does lure me.
Whisp’ring temptations intently.
Inqui’ring. Questioning. Eager.
Will life be bright, or joy meager?

Apprehension does draw me back.
Knowledge I crave; courage I lack.
Suspecting. Doubting. Tentative.
Will these be years I want to live?

I long to know what time may bring.
Where will I fly on chance's wings?
But would my journey be in dread
If I foresaw what lay ahead?

Is living in shadows ever
Less fright’ning than seeing the light?
Hiding here in fear I wonder,
Does darkness ever outshine truth?

O World uncertain, passing by,
What will life bring before I die?
But I am forced to live unsure,
Curious, but fearing future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter Mclisle said...

Wow! YOU are a really good writer too! :D And thats cool that you like Jacob Hoggard, How long have you been a fan??

9:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home